What to Expect at Your First Visit
At Essential Family Medicine, it is our goal to understand your entire story and get to the root of your symptoms. For that reason, we need to spend a little more time together. Your first visit for integrated naturopathic care along with acupuncture will take about 90 minutes. For a stand alone naturopathic or acupuncture visit, we will need about 60 minutes at the first visit. Your first visit will include the following:
- A thorough review of your current and past medical conditions as well as your health goals
- A review of your family medical history
- A review of the medications and supplements you are currently taking
- Pertinent physical exams
- Chinese diagnostics including tongue and pulse diagnosis
- A personalized treatment plan
- Review or order necessary laboratory exams.
What to Bring:
Click Here for New Patient Paperwork
- Your completed new patient packet. Even better, mail (with sufficient time), email, fax, or drop it off prior to your visit so that your practitioner has time to review your health history beforehand.
- Any pertinent medical records you have including recent lab or imaging reports. You can either bring these or have them sent. Download the records request form below if needed.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please give us at least 48 hours
(2 business days
) notice. Appointments that are either missed, cancelled, or rescheduled with less than 48 hours notice (excluding emergencies) will be charged a $60
We are happy to answer questions regarding your current treatment plan over the phone. Questions requiring more than 10 minutes or not related to your current treatment plan will be charged at the regular hourly rate.
Rates and Payment
We accept insurance and are preferred providers for many insurance companies. We offer insurance billing services for our patients. Each insurance plan differs, so please let tell us about your insurance information when scheduling a new appointment. For those without insurance coverage, we ask that full payment be made at the time of service. Average rates are listed below, but may vary based on the doctor you see.
New Patient Visit: $130-220 for uninsured patients or those without Naturopathic or Acupuncture benefits (depending on complexity of the visit).
Follow-up Naturopathic Visit: $85-115 for uninsured or patients without Naturopathic benefits (depending on complexity of visit).
Follow-up Acupuncture Visit: $70-105 for uninsured or patients without Acupuncture benefits
We offer a 25% discount for cash pay patients, we also offer a sliding scale – please ask about sliding scale at your first visit.
We accept, cash, checks and credit cards.